Webb was originally known as Glenora, but F.D. White changed the name to Webb, in honor of his mother’s maiden name.  The town once boasted four grocery stores, two creameries, three filling stations, and a band stand.  Stores were open on Saturday nights and free movies were shown in the summer.

Disaster struck the town in 1913 and 1914, when fires destroyed first the east business block and then the west business block of the town.


We welcome any photos and additional information on the history of Webb.  Please contact us at city hall.